Looking for work? Looking to file an unemployment Claim? Read this first.
Beginning August 1st, all claimants filing a new claim are required to register at IllinoisJobLink.com
All claimants are encouraged to use the free resources at IllinoisJobLink.com to search for work
Starting on August 1, 2021 all unemployment insurance claimants filing a new claim will be required to complete their registration at IllinoisJobLink.com by creating or uploading a resume. Additional information can be found at the Frequently Asked Questions on the IDES website.
All claimants can get a head start on reemployment and work search with IllinoisJobLink.com:
- Be proactive: Claimants on regular UI should register and upload a resume now to avoid a possible disruption in future benefits.
- Keep track of your search: Claimants can use their IllinoisJobLink.com account to track their search and fulfill work search requirements.
- Complete your registration: All existing claimants already have an IllinoisJobLink.com account! See the next page for instructions on finding your account information and uploading a resume.
Don’t Forget: Beginning September 4, 2021 federal unemployment programs will end, meaning current claimants will stop receiving unemployment benefits from these programs:
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance: PUA is typically for independent contractors and gig workers
- Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation: PEUC is for claimants who exhausted their initial 26 weeks of regular benefits
- Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation: FPUC is the automatic $300 supplement for all claimants
IllinoisJobLink.com is free & provides access to 100,000+ job postings in Illinois.
What is IllinoisJobLink.com?
IllinoisJobLink.com is an employment website, run by IDES. IllinoisJobLink.com has 100,000+ job postings for jobseekers to search for their next career opportunity, as well as training and education resources.
Registering for IllinoisJobLink.com fulfils the employment service registration requirement for unemployment insurance.
How do I create an IllinoisJobLink.com account?
IllinoisJobLink.com is completely free, and anyone can easily create a job seeker account online.
IDES claimants already have a username and password at IllinoisJobLink.com. When first applying for benefits, all claimants are sent an email with their IllinoisJobLink.com account information. If you can’t find this email, or if you have forgotten your username and password, both can be reset by following these instructions.
How do I complete my registration in IllinoisJobLink.com?
After logging into your account, you must create or upload a resume to complete the registration requirement. You will receive a notice prompting you to complete a resume. You may create a new resume using the IllinoisJobLink.com Resume Builder or upload your own via Microsoft Word. If you have already created or uploaded a resume, you may need to extend the date to make sure it becomes active.
How do I look for work and keep track of my job search?
The job search tool makes it easy to look for your next job on IllinoisJobLink.com. If your work search history is requested by IDES, you can use your IllinoisJobLink.com history to prove your work search activities.
In addition to IllinoisJobLink.com, job seekers can find training, education, and career building resources at Illinois workNet and Get Hired Illinois. IDES also offers employment service special programs for populations such as veterans, young adults, and ex-offenders. However, please note that these resources will not fulfil the requirement to register for IllinoisJobLink.com.
IllinoisJobLink.com Help Desk: 877-342-7533
We appreciate your pati